This loan is a credit facility to help farmers to undertake farm developments such as construction of farm houses, zero grazing yards, biogas plants, purchase of motor vehicles, land, etc., and to meet social development needs.
Kilimo Maendeleo Loan
- The target beneficiaries of this product are farmers operating monthly remittance accounts with EBL, i.e., tea and dairy farmers
- Minimum loan amount: KSh50,000 Maximum loan amount: KSh1,000,000
- Maximum repayment period of 24 months
- Access to the region's most competitive loan rates
- Training and mentorship programmes
- Be remittance account holders with Equity Bank for a minimum period of three (3) years
- Have received at least one month remittance through their EBL account and provide three (3) years account statement from the previous bankers
- In case of buy-offs, the borrower should provide formal clearance from the previous bankers to transfer remittances to Equity Bank and provide a three (3) years account statement from the said institution(s)
- Demonstrate ability to repay
- Provide at least the immediate three (3) months payment slip
- Provide documentary evidence of ownership of the farm used for production or a valid lease agreement covering at least two future seasons; the same must be signed and witnessed by a lawyer.
- Present evidence of the subject to be financed such as proforma invoices; bills of quantity etc.
Enter your email to add this to your favourites
Kilimo Biashara Loan - Small Scale
The purpose of the Small Scale Kilimo Biashara Loan is to finance the purchase of farm inputs such as certified seeds, fertilizers, chemicals, machinery hiring, labour and harvesting costs.
Kilimo Biashara Loan - Agribusiness
These are loans that are developed to assist the value chain players in the business of manufacturing, stocking, importing, exporting, and selling agricultural inputs and equipment.
Kilimo Kisasa Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are small holder and commercial farmers. Kilimo Kisasa is a credit product specially designed to cater for modern agricultural tools and equipment.
Kilimo Supa Loan
Kilimo Supa is designed to expand and deliver innovative financial services to the small scale and medium agricultural producers, agribusinesses and agriculture based entrepreneurs.
Farm Inputs Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are farmers operating monthly remittance accounts with EBL. This credit facility helps farmers purchase farm inputs, and other farming and social economic needs.
Commercial Agriculture Loan
The target beneficiaries of this product are the medium and large scale farmers irrespective of their nature of farming; from large-scale agricultural-based organizations to medium and large agricultural traders and processors.